Meet the World’s #1 Authority on Intelligent Leadership, the Top Executive Coach & the “Coach of Coaches”
John Mattone is the world’s #1 authority on Intelligent Leadership (IL), the world’s top executive coach and the creator of the IL Executive Coaching Process and Certification. He is globally respected as a uniquely distinguished top leadership coach authority who can ignite and strengthen a leader’s inner-self and talents, which enables them to realize four “game-changing” outcomes that they can leverage in their business and life: Altruism, Affiliation, Achievement, and Abundance (The 4 A’s).
The 4 A’s are the seeds to achieving sustained greatness and creating a lasting legacy. John Mattone is a powerfully engaging, internationally-acclaimed keynote speaker and top executive coach. Whether John is keynoting an event, conducting a retreat, or coaching an executive, he has earned a global reputation for possessing a special ability that unlocks and unleashes greatness in leaders at all levels. Since 2011, Globalgurus.org and Thinkers50 have ranked John Mattone as one of the world’s top executive coaches, leadership authorities and speakers.
Unmatched Thought Leadership, Passion & Authenticity from the Stage
His thought leadership combined with his passion, energy and authenticity on the platform are described as “unmatched” and have earned him rave reviews from every corner of the earth, from the world’s top CEO’s and government leaders to corporate and government leaders at every level, and from serial entrepreneurs to start-up’s. Learn the secret to unlocking and unleashing your leadership greatness-experience the “unmatched” thought leadership, passion, energy and authenticity of John Mattone on the platform.
John has spoken at some of the world’s most prestigious business and leadership conclaves, including the World Business Forum and World of Business Ideas alongside the likes of Richard Branson, Steve Wozniak, Steve Forbes and other world leadership icons. There are many groups who partner with us for exclusive John Mattone events, which we book sometimes two years in advance. These events are marketed as John Mattone branded and sponsored events with tiered pricing, access privileges, private dinners and book signings, etc. It is typical for these events to attract thousands of people who then experience the ideas, power and passion of John Mattone. We can share many references from groups who have managed our exclusive events and they are both money makers and “life-changing” in the eyes of delegates.
World’s Top Executive Coach & Leadership Program
In 2015, John Mattone’s Intelligent Leadership, along with Tony Robbins’ Creating Lasting Change and John Maxwell’s 5 Levels of Leadership were named the three Top Advanced Leadership Development Programs that Change Lives. In addition, John is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on corporate culture and culture transformation. He is a respected advisor and coach to CEO’s who lead small to mid-sized entrepreneurial organizations as well CEO’s who lead large global businesses, on how to create and sustain a leadership and talent culture that drives superior operating results.
Recently, the research organization Globalgurus.org recognized John Mattone, along with Marshall Goldsmith and Tony Robbins, as the top three coaching authorities in the world. He was also named as one of eight finalists for the prestigious 2017 Thinkers50 Leadership Award recognizing the world’s top leadership authority and thinker. In 2013, John was awarded the coveted Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) certification from the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches. He was then honored with the prestigious 2015 International Executive Coach Thought Leader of Distinction Award, in recognition of his thought leadership and his work as a global leadership coach. With the award, he received an honorary lifetime MCEC, becoming one of only four global executive coaches who currently hold this certification. In 2015, John Mattone’s Intelligent Leadership was named one of the three Top Advanced Leadership Development Programs that Change Lives, along with programs by Tony Robbins and John Maxwell. Since June 2017, John’s executive coaching blog has continued to be ranked the #1 executive coaching blog in the world by Feedspot. His leadership blog, likewise, is recognized as one of the best in the world.
John’s Proprietary Blueprint for Igniting Leadership Growth
John Mattone is the creator and master of the unique, powerful and game-changing Intelligent Leadership Executive Coaching blueprint for success. Since 2010, John has used this blueprint having personally coached over 250 leaders, including 25 global CEO’s to help them become stronger, more effective and vibrant leaders and people. John Mattone is the former executive coach to the late Steve Jobs and the former legendary CEO of PepsiCo, Roger Enrico, who sought John’s advice after his PepsiCo days in helping him transition as a coach and mentor to young leaders. John Mattone is now one of the most in-demand C-level coaches in the world.
Creator of Breakthrough Coach Development & Leader Development Assessments & Programs
John is the creator of John Mattone University (JMU), which features the Intelligent Leadership Executive Coaching Certification Program, as well a series of award-winning virtual and online leadership development and HR certification programs including the recently released iNtelligent Leadership (iL) Virtual Coaching App. (1.0) and The Intelligent Leadership Program, recently named one of the top three advanced leadership development programs in the world. He is also the creator of a number of breakthrough leadership and culture assessments, including the Mattone Leadership Enneagram Inventory (MLEI), which served as the centerpiece of the coaching sessions he conducted with Steve Jobs in 2010, the 5 Cultures of Culture Assessment (5CCA), and the Cultural Transformation Readiness Assessment-40 (CTRA-40).
Since re-launching his business in 2010, after 15 years of corporate life, John Mattone has been on a mission to help leaders, future leaders and organizations break through to become the best they can be. Perhaps the greatest testimony to John’s core purpose and the realization of his dream are his many philanthropic endeavors which include his creating an endowed scholarship fund in his name at the University of Central Florida where John graduated in 1980 first in his class with an MS in Industrial/Organizational Psychology–The John Mattone Leadership & Coaching Scholarship that will be awarded annually to a deserving Master’s or Ph.D. student who shows great promise and potential in the field of coaching and leadership.
Best-Selling Author & World Recognized Leadership Authority
John Mattone has consistently been recognized by Globalgurus.org, Thinkers50, Forbes, CNN, LeadersExcellence, Warren Bennis’ Leadership Excellence Magazine, HR.com and many others as one of the world’s best executive coaches and speakers. He also serves on the executive MBA faculty at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches his enormously popular Global Leadership Assessment & Development (GLAD) course. Since 2011, over 500 EMBA students have personally been coached by John as part of this 3-credit course. He also serves on the faculty at ZfU International Business School in Zurich and is a Distinguished Senior Fellow of one of leading business schools in the world, the Hult International Business School.
John is the author of nine books, including three best-sellers: Talent Leadership (Harper-Collins, 2012-an Amazon Best-Seller), Intelligent Leadership (Harper-Collins, 2013-an Inc. Magazine and Amazon Best-Seller) and Cultural Transformations: Lessons of Leadership & Corporate Reinvention (John C. Wiley & Sons, 2016), an Amazon #1 Best-Selling release in Human Resources and #2 in Management as well as an Inc. Magazine Best-Seller. His tenth book, The Intelligent Leadership Code: The Secret to Leading & Living an Abundant Life, is due to be released in the Fall of 2019 by John C. Wiley & Sons.
From 2011 to 2015, John was the co-author of one of the most respected studies of leadership and talent development in the world, The Trends in Leadership Development and Talent Management, which is published bi-annually by Pearson. John Mattone’s work has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Forbes, Fast Company, Businessweek, Inc. Magazine, MarketWatch, The Huffington Post, The CEO Magazine, ChiefExecutive.net, CLO Magazine, CIO Magazine, The Globe and Mail, Harvard Business Review, and many other respected global news outlets.
Successful Entrepreneur & Leader
John is the founder and CEO of John Mattone-Global. Prior to this, John was the President of one of the top leadership consulting firms in the world, Executive Development Associates, Inc., (EDA) and prior to EDA he was the Vice President of Assessments for Linkage, Inc.Prior to Linkage, John was the Vice President of Sales for Drake Beam Morin, the global career and outplacement firm.
Before joining DBM, John spent 10 years building his first successful consulting firm, Human Resources International. John Mattone holds a B.S. Degree in Management and Organizational Behavior from Babson College. John also holds a M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Central Florida.
Coaching & Leadership Career Highlights
- Consulted for more than 250 organizations and coached more than 200 executives
- Addressed more than 500,000 people in over 2,000 speeches and seminars in the U.S., Canada, and other countries worldwide
- Co-author of Trends in Executive Development & Talent Management Research Reports (Pearson, 2011 & 2013)
- Author of the award winning The Role of Assessment in Driving Operating Results, published in Jac Fitz-enz’ book, “The New HR Analytics” (AMACOM, 2010)
- Author of Predictive HR Leadership, published in Jac Fitz-enz’ “Workforce Intelligence Report” (2008)
- Author of Talent Leadership: A Proven Method for Identifying & Developing High-Potential Employees (AMACOM, 2012). An Amazon Best-Seller
- Author of Intelligent Leadership: What You Need to Know to Unlock Your Full Potential (AMACOM, 2013-Foreword by Marshall Goldsmith). A Bloomsberg/Businessweek Best-Seller
- Author of Cultural Transformations: Lessons of Leadership and Corporate Reivention (Wiley, 2016). An Amazon #1 Best-Selling Release and Inc. Magazine Best-Seller
- Author of Powerful Performance Management: The Leader as Coach; Powerful Executive Coaching: A Roadmap to Unleashing Greatness in Your Current & Future Leaders; and Succession Planning & Management (AMACOM, 2012)
- Author of Lessons in Leadership, Culture & Cultural Transformation (2015)
- Author of Success Yourself (MasterMedia, 1996) and Positive Performance Management (National Press, 1996)
- John’s has written over 500 professional articles; his work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Globe and Mail, Huffington Post, CEO Magazine, CIO Magazine, CLO Magazine, Leadership Excellence Magazine, HR Executive Magazine, Entrepreneurs Digest (Singapore), Conocimiento Dirrecion (South America), and many others.
- Written and performed in numerous audio and video programs, including Hiring & Performance Management, Focus on Success, The Essentials of Delegation, and the award-winning Street Smart Supervision
Coaching & Leadership Awards
- In February 2018, the research organization Globalgurus.org recognized John Mattone, along with Marshall Goldsmith and Tony Robbins, as the top three coaching authorities in the world.
- Trust Across America named John Mattone one of Trust Across America’s 2018 Top Thought Leaders in Trust.
- Recently, John was named as one of eight finalists for the prestigious 2017 Thinkers50 Leadership Award recognizing the world’s top leadership authority and thinker.
- Globalgurus.org research organization has ranked John Mattone as the world’s #2 executive coach (2017).
- Feedspot.com named top business coaching blog in the world in June, 2017.
- CMOE.com named one of the top 100 socially-shared leadership blogs of 2017.
- Top 25 Leadership Blogs for Small Business (2017) by MP Star Financial.
- Trust Across America named John Mattone one of Trust Across America’s 2017 Top Thought Leaders in Trust
- Globalgurus.org research organization has ranked John Mattone as one of the world’s top leadership authorities (2015, 2016 & 2017).
- CreditDonkey.com has named John Mattone’s Blog as one of the Top Leadership Blogs to read in 2017.
- Couponmachine.in has named John Mattone’s Blog as one of the Top 40 Personal Development and Leadership Blogs in the world (2016).
- The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches announces that John Mattone is the winner of the 2015 International Executive Coach Thought Leader of Distinction Award, in recognition of his work as a global executive coach and thought leader. With the award, he received an honorary lifetime MCEC, becoming one of only four global executive coaches who currently hold this certification.
- Modernservantleader.com– John Mattone named one of top leadership experts to follow in 2015.
- Skipprichard.com– John Mattone’s Blog named one of the Top 50 Leadership Blogs in the World
- Globalgurus.org research organization ranked John Mattone as one of the world’s top twenty executive coaches (2015)
- HR.com and Warren Bennis’ Leadership Excellence Essentials Magazine recognized John Mattone as one of the world’s leading independent leadership consultants (2014).
- The Hult International School of Business, one of the world’s top ranked business schools, appointed John Mattone as a Distinguished Senior Fellow
- Named by The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches (ACEC) as Master Corporate Executive Coach (2013).
- Nominated for the prestigious Thinkers50 Leadership Award, which recognizes the global leadership thinker who has most contributed to our understanding of leadership (2013).
- Warren Bennis’ Leadership Excellence Magazine ranked John Mattone the #33 independent leadership coach, consultant and speaker in world (2012).
- Named by Leaders Excellence (an exclusive society of middle-level managers who possess C-level potential) as an Honorary Fellow in recognition of John’s accomplishments in research, teaching and his work as a top leadership consultant.
- Topplanetlist.com named one of the top 27 business blogs in the world in July, 2017.
What Else About Me?
I am married to my incredible wife Gayle (we recently celebrated our 40th anniversary!). We have four adult children–Jared, Nick, Kristina, Matthew and two grandsons, Luke Dominic Mattone (3 and ½) and Dylan John DiBisceglie (8 Months). Gayle and I enjoy all sports activities especially skiing and bicycling (we typically ride 80-100 miles per week). We travel frequently to visit our children who live in south Florida and Virginia and other family members in Boston, New York and North Carolina.